Well, I literally haven't had time for anything, much less homemade goodness. Sorry, blog, for neglecting you :/
There's nothing worse than waking up on a Sunday at 1 pm, with a small bit of hangover left, craving pancakes only to walk into the kitchen and realize you have no pancake mix. Have no fear! I have a recipe for insanely good homemade pancakes! The best part: it's soo easy.
1 1/4 cups flour (I use whole wheat)
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 heaping tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 3/4 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
1. Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl (hint: for fluffier pancakes, sift the dry ingredients. I don't own a sifter so I don't do it and they still turn out great).
2. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Add the milk, egg and butter into well.
3. Mix until mixture is smooth.
4. Heat large frying pan (or griddle if you're lucky enough to have one!). Pour batter into pan (make'em as big as ya want, obviously! But be careful because the batter will spread).
5. Flip when all of the bubbles in the batter have popped. The other side will take about as long as the first side.
6. Enjoy :) !!