Sunday, April 17, 2011
Monday, April 11, 2011
Hello, hello. I realize I haven't been posting at all. But I'm currently a full, full time student and have a job plus that always necessary social life...
Anyhoo! I've decided that since I am graduating, it's time to step it up and start making more serious foods, therefore a more serious blog. So I made a new one, and I'll be deleting this one eventually.... or not. I haven't decided.
My new blog will be up and running sometime this week :)
Sunday, January 9, 2011
White Pizza with Tomato and Lemon Vinaigrette Tossed Arugula
Yes, another pizza recipe. What can I say? I'm a college student. I found the crust recipe in Cook This, Not That, so I used that. The rest is my own brain power ;)
1 package instant yeast
1 cup hot water
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tbsp olive oil
2 1/2 cups flour (plus some for dusting)
1. Mix the yeast, water, salt and honey together. L
et sit for 10 minutes (to allow the water to activate the yeast).
2. After 10 minutes, add the flour and olive oil. Mix until incorporated. Wrap in plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature for at least 90 minutes.
4 tbsp olive oil, divided
1/4 cup mozzarella
1 tsp minced garlic
1 ripe tomato, sliced
1 handful arugula
juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp lemon zest
1. Infuse 3 tbsp of olive oil with garlic on low heat. It's important to not burn the garlic; if you do, it will taste really bitter.
2. Divide the dough in half. Store one half (or use it for another pizza!), and roll the other out into a 12 inch pizza. Spread the olive oil on the dough.
3. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on the dough, add tomato slices and sprinkle a few arugula leaves on top. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake at 500 degrees on the bottom rack of your oven on a pizza stone or cookie sheet for 8 minutes.
4. While the pizza is in the oven, whisk the lemon juice, zest and salt and pepper together. Drizzle in equal parts olive oil and whisk. Toss remaining arugula in the lemon vinaigrette. After you take the pizza out of the oven, put the arugula on top. It will wilt from the heat of the pizza.
5. Let cool and enjoy :)