Thursday, September 30, 2010

Banana (Nannerrr) Bread


I'm pretty sure that I subconsciously buy bananas just to let them get really ripe so that I can make banana bread. Honestly, I never finish my entire bunch of bananas, so I'm constantly making banana bread. Not sure why I've never posted my recipe before now, but I've made some tweaks to my original recipe, and here it is!

Nanner Bread

4 ripe bananas
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup of Egg Beaters*
1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce**
1 tablespoon skim milk
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

1. Preheat the oven to 325. Use butter or cooking spray to grease a bread loaf pan.
2. In a small bowl, mash the bananas, milk and cinnamon (I leave big chunks of banana in mine, but you can mash them as much or as little as you please!). In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set both bowls aside.
3. Beat applesauce and sugar together. Add Egg Beaters and vanilla and beat until smooth.
4. Add banana mixture to sugar mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients and mix until the flour is combined. Don't over mix the dough!
5. Pour batter into pan and bake for an hour or so. Check if it's done by putting a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean, it's done!
6. Let cool. Slice yourself a nice, thick piece and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment