Monday, August 23, 2010

New Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

I've been trying to find a recipe for a cakey chocolate chip cookie... I have a favorite Amish restaurant that I get some from and they're so amazing... so if anyone knows a great, cake-like chocolate chip cookie recipe, please let me know!

While trying to come up with this recipe, I made a batch that I really loved. They're spongey, not quite the cake texture I was going for, but they are soft and delicious and I hope you enjoy them!


2 sticks of butter (preferably at room temp)
3/4 cups sugar
3/4 cups brown sugar
4 eggs (at room temp)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
3/4 bag of mini chocolate chips

1. In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate (large) bowl, cream the butter and sugars (beat until smooth). Add eggs one at a time, beat until smooth then add vanilla.
2. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet mixture (I usually do about a half of a cup at a time). Beat until smooth.
3. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Bake at 375 for 7-9 minutes.
5. Enjoy :)


Sometime I'm going to post my Grandma's recipe for chocolate chip cookies... they're amazinggg! I just have to be sure that my family doesn't mind me giving away her little secret ;)

Peace&&Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment